Lanificio Cipriani was established in Prato immediately after the Second World War (1946), following an idea by Sanzio Cipriani. The factory was located in the city centre, which in those days was the heartbeat of the textile industry in Prato. Through the years Lanificio Cipriani has been evolving in terms of both manufacturing and commercial organization, keeping an original mark on its products. This means fabric collections designed for ladies fashion, with a special regard towards the final cost of goods. During the postwar period items obtained from wool recycling fulfilled the need for saving, as nowadays they meet the requests of large scale retailing. Lanificio Cipriani is now a reality well established in the textile market and strengthened through the years, which has succeded in keeping pace with times and entering national and international markets. At the present the company consists of 32 people, working in different departments.